Biloxi residents in the Woolmarket community will sign up Saturday for the city’s summer camp sites at Woolmarket and North Woolmarket Elementary schools. Registration for the nine-week camp, which is open to children ages 5 to 14, will be at the old Woolmarket gym from 9 a.m. to noon.
Registration for Biloxi residents for other sites – North Bay, Fernwood, Lopez, Popp’s Ferry, Jeff Davis, Dukate and O’Hanlon Center for teens and the disabled – will be Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Biloxi Community Center.
Non-resident registration for Woolmarket sites will be April 19 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the recreation office at Hiller Park, and non-Biloxi registration for all other sites will be April 26 at the Hiller Park office.
Parks and Recreation leaders expect about 700 children and teens to take part in this summer’s program, which will run for nine weeks – June 1 through July 30 — at sites throughout the city. Campers will be involved in an array of supervised activities, including arts and crafts, swimming, bowling and movies.
“This is one of the most popular summer camps in the state of Mississippi, but we have a limited number of slots for campers,” said Sherry Bell, Biloxi’s Parks and Recreation Superintendent. “We try to accommodate as many people as we can, but it’s on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Biloxi residents come first.”
What you’ll need at registration:
- Initial fees for city residents: $20 for first week and $10 for each additional child
- Non-Biloxi residents: $30 for first week and $15 for each additional child.
- $30 onetime field trip fee, per child
- $30 onetime latchkey fee, per child, if you choose to enroll in latchkey.
Other info you’ll need:
- A letter of authorization if you are registering children other than your own.
- Social Security numbers of campers
- Proof of residency of parents (any recent utility bills bearing your name and
- Birth certificates for campers
- Insurance and general health info on campers
- Two emergency contact numbers
- Names of those authorized to pick up campers
The camp runs from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, with a latchkey program offered from 3 to 6 p.m. at each site. Five-year old children must have completed kindergarten to be eligible for the camp.
All initial fees are due at registration.
For more information, e-mail Sherry Bell at email@example.com or call 435-6281.