The Biloxi casino industry, which marks its 13th anniversary in August, reached a milestone with the most recent month’s state revenue report: a billion dollars has been paid in taxes on gross gaming revenue.
The report was published on the city’s web site Tuesday, and shows the breakdown in gaming revenue since Day 1 of legal gaming in Biloxi.
The bottom-line numbers on how the $1.01 billion has been divided since August 1992:
- State of Mississippi — $659 million
- City of Biloxi — $198 million
- Harrison County — $74 million
- City schools — $52 million
- County schools — $26 million
For more on the gaming tax breakdown, and to see detailed monthly state and city reports, click here.
You can read more information released Friday by the city in Weekly Briefing.